Water bottles, fans and a cool mist of water seemed to be the favorites of the day for participants and onlookers during the annual Richfield Hometown 4th of July Parade Wednesday.
The parade began at 70th Street and Nicollet Avenue and stretched north to 66th Street and then east along 66th.
Marching bands were almost absent from the festivities, as concerns about the heat caused some not to march. For some bands, Richfield's parade was the second on the schedule for the day.
Being an election year, the politicians were out in full force alng with their supporters, shaking hands and handing out stickers. Many local and community groups also turned up as well.
We've got a great gallery of all the action above. Were you there? We'd love to hear from you in the comments!
Other related articles:
- 2012 Richfield Fourth of July Guide
- Fourth of July Committee Honored By The City
- Poll: What's Your Favorite Part of the Richfield 4th of July Celebration?
- PHOTOS: Kids Rock Tricked-Out Trikes For Kiddie Parade
- PHOTOS: Locals Brave the Heat For Richfield's Family Night
- PHOTOS: Resident Takes Home Trophy At Annual Car Show
- PHOTOS: A Whole Lot of Rockin' At Annual Street Dance