Looking to get to the this weekend but worried about parking, driving in traffic, or just can't find a ride?
Don't worry, Richfield is the convenient new home to one of the fair's 19 Twin Cities park-and-ride locations.
Fair-goers may park in the Knox Avenue Best Buy parking lot (officially 7601 Penn Avenue) for free before hopping on a fair-bound bus. Here's what else you need to know:
- Service at this location only runs on weekends and Labor Day
- Buses run 8 a.m. to midnight
- Kids four and under ride free
- Round trip fare is $5, riders should have exact change (Go-To cards and passes, tokens, coupons and SuperSavers are not accepted)
- Express buses serve gate 20 at the fair, located on the south side of Como Avenue, across from the Warner Coliseum
The Richfield Best Buy location takes over from last year's Southdale Mall park-and-ride. For a complete list of bus stops throughout the metro, check out the full list here.
For more information, call Metro Transit at 612-373-3333.
For complete information about happenings at the fair, including driving directions, see Patch's .
Also at Day 2 of the Fair: Friday, Aug. 24
The rides at Mighty Midway and Kidway have a one-ticket discount until 1 p.m. today. It’s Governor’s Fire Prevention Day at the fair, and Carousel Park will have presentations by the Regions Hospital Burn Center and the American Red Cross. The “Hot Zone” at West Dan Patch will host fire trucks, a virtual fire extinguisher simulator and a search-and-rescue trailer. Alan Jackson's show at the grandstand starts at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $40. Check out the fair's website for a schedule of the day's activities and events.