Editor's Note: The following is an Academy of Holy Angels press release.
The (AHA) Knowledge Bowl team took second place in the state meet—just a few points short of Chaska's Red team—at Cragun's Resort near Brainerd over the April 13-14 weekend.
Knowledge Bowl is an interdisciplinary academic competition involving teams of students working together to answer questions on topics like math, science, history, language, literature, music, geography, general information, and current events. More than 1,000 teams competed in Knowledge Bowl statewide; 48 of those qualified to compete in the state tournament.
Team members were:
- Matt Schmidt (Burnsville, St. John the Baptist-Savage parish and school);
- Nick Hirsch (Eagan, St. Peter’s-Mendota parish, Faithful Shepherd school);
- Stephen Raab (Bloomington, St. Edward’s parish; Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary school);
- Karl Bauer (Inver Grove Heights, St. Joseph-West St. Paul parish and school);
- Mary Streiff. (Minneapolis, Our Lady of Peace parish, St. Helena school)
Coaches were AHA teachers Charlie Gorrill and Kristin Vanyo.