All the following information was taken from the 's Incident and Arrest reports from Aug. 24, 2012, detailing incidents from Aug. 20 through Aug. 22.
- Officers responded to a report that seven to eight males were fighting in the main level of the Motel 6 located on the 7600 block of Cedar Avenue. Three adult males were issued citations.
- Officers responded to a report of theft from a motor vehicle on the 6700 block of 2nd Avenue South only to discover that nothing had actually been stolen.
- Officers responded to a report that several signs had been stolen from a yard in the 7000 block of Oak Grove Boulevard.
- After stopping a vehicle for speeding near the intersection of 68th Street and Portland Avenue, officers found marijuana in the car. A search warrant was later executed at the driver's residence where a "large amount" of marijuana was found.
- Officers responded to reports of a disturbance involving two intoxicated individuals on the 6300 block of Lyndale Avenue. A woman was subsequently taken to jail for disorderly conduct.
- A male was cited on the 6300 block of Lyndale Avenue for reporting false crimes to 911.
- A man reported that his Visa card had been used to make more than $565 worth of fraudulent charges.
- An officer responded to the 66th Street Petco and took a report of employee fraud worth more than $1000.
- Officers responded to three separate reports of theft on the 6600 block of Lyndale Avenue. One victim reported that $23 had been stolen from her purse; another reported that approximately $320 worth of items had been stolen from her purse; a third reported that her cell phone had been stolen from her purse.
- Police cited a driver for not wearing their seat belt after making a traffic stop near the intersection of 66th Street and Richfield Parkway. Drug paraphernalia was found in the vehicle.
- Police arrested a man after responding to calls of a domestic disturbance on the 900 block of 77th Street. There were no injuries.
- Police responded to a call that a man was attempting to enter someone's bedroom on the 7400 block of Oakland Avenue. The suspect was located and cited.
- Police arrested a man for second-degree DWI after he was pulled over near the intersection of Portland Avenue and 66th Street and refused a breath test.
- Police cited a bicyclist for possession of marijuana after responding to a call reporting that he was swerving in and out of traffic and swearing near the intersection of Portland Avenue and 70th Street.