With the help of RAIDS Online, a crime mapping and analysis interface, the department is now uploading incidents to create an interactive map. According to the department, users can use the maps to:
- Select a specific address or view a general location
- Turn on a buffer and select a distance to only show crimes around that address
- Choose from several crime types (including all part 1 and 2 crime)
- Choose date ranges going back one year
- Create a density map showing hotspots
- Select from other data layers (including 2010 census information)
- Sign up for crime alerts
Play around with the mapping function at raidsonline.com and select "MN - Richfield" from the "Jump to City" dropdown menu.
For updates and other information about the community, join us on Patch, Like us on Facebook and follow Richfield Patch on Twitter.