All the following information was taken from the Richfield Public Safety Department's crime reports from Jan. 17, 2013, detailing incidents from Jan. 14-16.
- Police took a report of a shoplifting incident at a business on the 10 block of 66th Street West. Perfume valued at $32 was reported stolen. The suspect was not located.
- A female reported that her ex-husband attempted to make contact with her children via the home telephone, violating an active order of protection.
- A victim reported that an unknown person entered his home and stole $500 in cash.
- Graffiti was found on the back of a garage on the 7700 block of Chicago Avenue.
- Auto parts were reported stolen from a business on the 6500 block of Penn Avenue. Three engine cores and five transmission cores, worth $500, were the items reported taken. In addition, the pane glass front door was damaged.
- Two 19-year-old males, one from Richfield and the other from Minneapolis, were cited for marijuana possession. The Richfield man was also cited for underage liquor possession and driving after license suspension. Both were released at the scene after being cited.
- An iPod Touch was reported stolen at Richfield High School. The suspect was located and issued a citation.
- Super America, 826 W. 66th St., reported a male and female in a red maroon Jeep left without paying for $20.01 in gas.
- Police responded to a possible arson report on the 1300 block of 68th Street West. The registered owner of an RV reported that the passenger seat was charred and there was smoke damage throughout the vehicle.
- A party came into the police station to report a protection order violation that occurred two weeks prior.
- Brass caps and valves were reported stolen from 2 Meridian Crossing. The stolen items were valued at $4,375.
- Best Buy reported a shoplifting incident where two suspects came into the store and stole a prepaid cell phone and two DVDs. The total loss is valued at $340.
- Police received a report from the Minnesota Department of Corrections stating that an inmate at the Stillwater Facility reported being sexually assaulted by another inmate in Richfield in July 2010.
- Police took a fraud report where the victim stated a check card was used to purchase airline tickets.
- A victim reported that her ex-boyfriend, and the father of her child, arrived at her residence on the 6300 block of Harriet Avenue demanding money. After not obtaining money, the suspect reported struck and choked the victim.
- A victim reported that an ex-boyfriend violated an order of protection after making contact through the telephone.
- A victim reported that an ex-boyfriend violated an order of protection after making contact through text messages.
- After making a traffic stop, police found marijuana and other drug paraphernalia inside the vehicle. The driver was cited for speeding, while the passenger was cited for possession.