Sunday is Minnesota History Day at the fair and those who finish the History Walking and Cell Phone tour will receive a free commemorative poster created by Minnesota artist Joe Heffron.
In addition, in Carousel Park, the Minnesota Historical society will be presenting history-themed entertainment throughout the day, including trivia, theater performances and live music.
As for evening entertainment, the free finals to the Minnesota State Amateur Talent Contest Finals starts at 8 p.m. at the grandstand.
If you're looking to hitch a ride to the fair on a shuttle, look no further than Richfield to do so. The $5 shuttle from Best Buy corporate campus returns this weekend through Monday. Fair-goers may park in the Knox Avenue Best Buy parking lot (officially 7601 Penn Avenue) for free before hopping on a fair-bound bus. Here's what else you need to know:
- Service at this location only runs on weekends and Labor Day;
- Buses run 8 a.m. to midnight;
- Kids four and under ride free;
- Round trip fare is $5, riders should have exact change (Go-To cards and passes, tokens, coupons and SuperSavers are not accepted);
- Express buses serve gate 20 at the fair, located on the south side of Como Avenue, across from the Warner Coliseum.
For a complete list of bus stops throughout the metro, check out the full list here. For more information, call Metro Transit at 612-373-3333.
Check out the fair's website for a schedule of the day's activities and events. For more information about upcoming fair events or specials, and transportation options, see .
If you missed it, 85-year-old Richfield resident won a blue ribbon for his creative birdhouse design.