A total of eight Richfield bike enthusiasts were among more than 2,000 participants in the annual Chequamegon Fat Tire Festival held over the weekend in Wisconsin.
Jake Bauer along with his dad—and Richfield Patch contributor— were the top finishers among Richfield riders, placing 74th and 134th, respectively, overall. The two competed in the Short & Fat 15 event.
Here are the results for the other local riders:
Chequamegon 40 Event
- Jason Vinar, placed 220th overall;
- Erik Sorensen, placed 499th overall;
- Daniel Randolph, placed 869th overall;
- Jay Dellis, placed 1,075th overall.
Short & Fat 15 Event
- Josh Malmquist, placed 332nd overall;
- Shereen Westerveld, placed 647th overall.
The Chequamegon Fat Tire Festival started in 1983. For more information, visit the festival's website.