Twenty of 's (RHS) most talented band and choir members will be performing with other musicians from around the metro during the Classic Suburban Conference (CSC) All-Conference Honor Concert on Tuesday, Jan. 10.
Students have been honored with selection into one of three all-conference ensembles:
- Amy Larson, junior, flute;
- Erica Strom, senior, contra-alto clarinet;
- Luke Gagnon, junior, first chair alto saxophone;
- Alex Gunderson, senior, first chair baritone saxophone;
- Emma Wasko, sophomore, trumpet;
- Neva Fuller, junior, French horn;
- , senior, trombone;
- Tony Lovstuen, junior, euphonium;
- Zach Weiland, senior, tuba;
- , senior, percussion.
- Kyle MacEachern, senior, lead trumpet;
- Sam Germscheid, senior, drum set.
- Olivia Volkman-Johnson, junior, soprano 1;
- Miranda Severson-Kelley, senior, soprano 2;
- Mariaisabel Ortiz, senior, alto 1;
- Christy Peterson, sophomore, alto 2;
- Lee Mai, junior, tenor 1;
- Kenneth Mayo, senior, tenor 2;
- , senior, bass 1;
- Siesse Jordan, junior, bass 2.
The concert band will be directed by Dr. Kristin Tjornehoj, director of bands at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls; the jazz band is led by professional jazz musician and composer, Laura Cavianihe and the choir is directed by Dr. Timothy K. Sawyer, director of Choral Activities at Northwestern College in Roseville, MN. Students from across the conference gathered on Thursday, Jan. 5 to rehearse with the guest directors.
This year is the first time that Richfield has hosted the CSC All-Conference Honor Concert. Jonathan Kopplin is the choir director and Ben Hoehn is the band director at RHS.
Tickets for the concert will be sold at the door at $6 for adults and $4 for students.