The Cornerstone Conferences on Violence and Abuse are talking place in February 2012 and is a chance to increase awareness about how to deal with domestic violence in different professions. The keynote speaker is Dr. Ludy Green, author of "Finding Freedom: The Permanent Escape from Domestic Violence by Financial Empowerment."
For more information, or to get in touch with Dr. Green, please contact Cheryl Kolb-Untinen at CherylK@cornerstonemn.org or by phone at 952-884-0376.
Just as there are several sides to any story, there are many angles to any issue. For advocates and concerned persons, being able to approach Domestic Violence in several different ways allows more opportunities to identify a victim and provide help. Cornerstones sixth annual Conference on Violence and Abuse explores these angles and strategies for intervention:
- Keynote speaker Dr. Ludy Green will present on workplace policies focusing on Domestic Violence
- Closing keynote Teri Jendusa-Nicolai will speak about her own horrifying experiences with domestic violence
- Other topics covered include:
- Exploring the Link Between Animal Abuse, Child Abuse and Domestic Violence
- Mobilizing Men for Violence Prevention
- When Cyberbullying and Teen Dating Violence Collide
- Screening for Domestic Abuse in a Medical Setting
- A Victim Centered Approach to Creating Systems of Change
- And many more…
- Topics can provide useful information to: therapists, social workers, counselors, psychologists, those in the medical field, law enforcement, advocates, concerned persons or socially conscious professionals
- When: February 23rd and 24th , 2012
- Where: Crowne Plaza Airport Mall of America Hotel, Bloomington, MN
- CEU credits available for 9 different professions
Registration is ongoing, see http://www.cornerstonemn.org for information.
Cornerstone MN serves Richfield, Edina, Eden Prairie, St. Louis Park and Bloomington.