While the new building officially opened to the public in June 2011—as neighbors know—the site itself is still being worked on. was on hand Tuesday night to update the and audience members on crews’ progress.
- Permanent parking lot curbs installed;
- Permanent parking lot storm sewer drains installed.
- Sidewalks on Portland Avenue and 67th Street;
- Landscaping in Heredia Park and parking lot;
- Tennis court refurbishing and fencing;
- Electric monument sign.
- Tennis court surfacing will be done in Spring 2012.
Once the parking lot is complete, the temporary lot will be torn out. The new lot is expected to be ready for use in the beginning of November 2011. A grand opening will be scheduled for the spring once the entire site is finished, while city officials are considering a “soft” opening in November once the parking lot can accommodate more people.