Editor's Note: the following information was taken directly from the City of Richfield's website.
Envisioning the future of Richfield's housing
In August of 2012, at a joint City Council, Housing and Redevelopment Authority (HRA) and Planning Commission work session, a presentation and discussion took place suggesting the need for a community process to establish a Housing Vision for the city. Public leaders agreed to move forward with this process. In November of 2012, a proposal from the consulting firm Stantec was approved to guide this process.
Be a part of the Housing visioning task force!
As part of the Housing Visioning process a Task Force of approximately 12 - 20 people will be formed. The Task Force will meet for eight two-hour meetings over a period of about three months (see calendar of meeting dates here). If you or someone you know might be interested in being involved in the Housing Visioning process, please use the link below to enter your information via a secure online form.
After submitting your information, your name will be added to the list of possible Task Force candidates. Someone will be in touch with you shortly!
It is hoped that members of the Task Force would be 'stakeholders' within the community such as:
- Parent of school aged children
- Real Estate Agent
- Leader in the faith community
- Youthful Renter
- Empty Nester
- Attainable Housing Committee Member
- Youthful Homeowner
- Senior Homeowner
- Member of Richfield Apartment Managers Association (RAMA)
- Senior Renter
- School Board Member or School Faculty
- Social Service Provider
WHO DO I CONTACT for more information?
If you'd like the form mailed to you at your home, or have any additional questions regarding the Housing Visioning process, please contact: HousingVisioning@cityofrichfield.org or call (612) 861-9778.
Other documents related to this process:
- August 20th, Powerpoint presentation given to the City Council/HRA/Planning Commission joint work session.
- City Council Memo #112 outlining the proposed Housing Vision process, October 11, 2012
- HRA Staff Report from November 19, 2012 requesting consideration of a proposal from Stantec to provide professional services related to the Housing Visioning process.
- Stantec Proposal for Housing Visioning Process
- Proposed 2013 calendar of meeting dates