*** See Richfield Patch's Election Guide for more information on local, state and national races, as well as ballot questions and candidate profiles. ***
The following is a collection of Richfield Patch articles and links detailing the local race:
Richfield Patch reached out to both candidates and asked them to fill out a basic online profile. Click on the name of the candidate to see his or her respective profile.
- *Keith Ellison (D)
- Chris Fields (R)
In addition, each candidate maintains a campaign website:
The Great Debates
Ellison and Fields began their debate season at the Minnesota State Fair, sponsored by Minnesota Public Radio.
With the audience cheering, booing and catcalling, the candidates discussed their stances on issues such as tax policy, healthcare reform and job creation:
- VIDEO: Highlights From Ellison-Fields Debate at Minnesota State Fair
Moving closer Election Day, the candidates participated in a WCCO Radio News 830 debate Oct. 11. Patch broke down what candidates' answers revealed to voters:
- What Thursday's 5th District Debate Told Us About the Candidates
A week after the WCCO debate, the mud-slinging hit its peak during a Patch and KFAI Radio sponsored debate. Both candidates, especially Ellison, lost their temper during the debate, resorting to name calling and low-blows:
- REPLAY: Rep. Keith Ellison's Name-Calling Gets Vulgar in Angry Debate
- AUDIO: Hear the Low Points of Thursday's Fractious Ellison-Fields Debate
- Ellison: 'I Acted Beneath My Personal Standard'
- What Happened in KFAI Studio During Keith Ellison-Chris Fields Debate
- Fields: 'Keith Ellison Proved He Cannot Deliver'
The Fifth District Report
Patch has kept a weekly record of what's happening with the candidates, the issues they are speaking on and so on.
See all The Fifth District Report articles here.
In addition, Fields has been maintaining a blog on Patch.
See all Fields blog posts here.
More Election Guides:
- A Guide to the 2012 Richfield City Council Races
- A Guide to the Richfield Referendum Proposals
- A Guide to the Minnesota Marriage Amendment
- A Guide to the Minnesota Voter ID Amendment