All the following information was taken from the Richfield Public Safety Department's crime reports from May 1, 2013, detailing incidents from April 28-30.
- A 19-year-old Minneapolis man was arrested for underage consumption of liquor, marijuana possession in a motor vehicle and driving without a license.
- An adult male reportedly fled a cab and refused to pay for the $22 fare. The male was identified by Bloomington Police.
- A victim reported that while he was opening his apartment door an unknown male walked up to him and punched in one time causing severe bruising to his left eye.
- Officers responded to a theft from a vehicle that was parked on the 7700 block of 12th Avenue overnight. The total estimated loss is $50.
- A victim reported that her vehicle was broken into while parked on the 900 block of 78th Street West. A backpack containing som school work and text books were reportedly taken.
- A victim reported that an unknown person came into their residence and removed $510 from a dresser drawer and approximately $50 in change from a jar. The victim said a screen to the bedroom window had been cut.
- A GPS was reported stolen from a vehicle parked in a driveway on the 7200 block of Oliver Avenue. The resident had heard a noise outside and walked out of the garage and saw two people prowling near the vehicle.
- Police responded to a report that an employee of a business at 9 E. 66th St. went into another employee's purse and took $380 in cash.
- A victim reported a burglary from August 2012. Rare coins were taken.
- Officers took a report of a 14-year-old female communicating with an adult male on Facebook. The mother believes it to be inappropriate.
- Graffiti was found on the Metro Transit bus shelter at 66th Street and Portland Avenue.
- Police responded to Target on a report of two shoplifters in custody. Both parties were cooperative and later cited and trespassed from the store on misdemeanor theft.
- A bike was reported stolen from an unlocked garage on the 1300 block of 73rd Street West.
- Police responded to a domestic disturbance on the 7600 block of Cedar Avenue. It was found that the victim was assaulted by her ex-boyfriend.
- Police responded to a theft report at Motel 6. The victim said two female suspects had invited him to stay in their motel room. When he woek up the next morning, all of his personal belongings were gone.