All the following information was taken from the Richfield Public Safety Department's crime reports from Jan. 7, 2012, detailing incidents from Jan. 3-6.
- An iPhone was reported stolen on the 6500 block of Lyndale Avenue. The phone was tracked to a location outside of Richfield and the victims are contacting another agency for assistance.
- A 30-year-old Richfield man was arrested for possession of a controlled substance after police made a traffic stop.
- Police responded to a protection order violation on the 7000 block of 5th Avenue.
- A victim reported his wallet being stollen approximately six weeks ago and believes someone has been fraudulently using his identification.
- A driver was cited for multiple offenses, including possession of a controlled substance, after police stopped the vehicle for careless driving.
- A business on the 1000 block of 78th Street West reported a shoplifting incident in which an unknown male entered the store and took multiple items. The value of the items is unknown at this time.
- After receiving a report of a shooting, one victim was found and taken to the hospital.
- The driver and a passenger of a vehicle were cited for drug paraphernalia possession after being topped by police at the intersection of 68th Street East and Cedar Avenue.
- Officers responded to a home on the 6500 block of Humboldt Avenue on a report of a victim receiving threatening messages via Twitter.
- A 44-year-old Bloomington man was arrested for second-degree DWI.
- A victim reported that her gym locker was broken into and all her personal belongings were gone. The value of the items was under $500.
- A victim reported leaving her purse on the 60 block of 66th Steet West and upon returning, found the purse but the wallet was missing.
- A victim reported that an uknown person caused a small dent to his vehicle while it was parked on the 7100 block of Chicago Avenue.
- Police responded to a delayed burglary report on the 7000 block of 16th Avenue. The garage and the residence was broken into.
- Police responded to a domestic in progress on the 6300 block of Lyndale Avenue. The victim was located with minor injuries to her face. The suspect was not located.
- A theft was reported on the 7500 block of 18th Avenue. The estimated loss is $12.
- Police responded to a shoplifting incident in progress at Best Buy. The suspects were seen leaving the area in a stolen vehicle. Two 28-year-old women were arrested for possession of stolen property.
- A snowblower was reported stolen from a residential garage on the 6900 block of Bloomington Avenue.
- Police responded to a report of a female breaking in to a house that she had rented to retrieve her property.