All the following information was taken from the Richfield Public Safety Department's crime reports from Jan. 10, 2012, detailing reports from Jan. 7-9.
- Police responded to a property damage report in which the driver's side window of a vehicle parked on the 6600 block of Lyndale Avenue was broken out. The car was rummaged through by unknown parties, however, nothing was taken.
- A 26-year-old Richfield man was arrested for domestic assault after a victim reported he had hit her at least 10 times in the arm, back and thigh. She claimed the man has also thrown a glass at her. He was transported to Hennepin County Jail.
- A fence latch at a home on the 7400 block of Vincent Avenue was reported broken. The estimated loss is $500.
- A victim reported that her stepmother violated a domestic abuse no contact order by sending Facebook messages under a different name.
- An officer found graffiti at the corner of 12th Avenue and 68th Street.
- A vehicle was reported stolen while parked on the street on the 7100 block of Cedar Avenue.
- A juvenile was cited for shoplifting from a business on the 30 block of 66th Street West.
- Police received a report regarding threats via Facebook from a former student.
- A 42-year-old Richfield woman was cited for shoplifting from Target. She was released at the scene after receiving the citation.
- A victim reported that her ex-boyfriend was in violation of a protection order and had possibly broken into her residence. Officer checked the residence but did not locate the suspect.
- Police were dispatched to Super America, 2913 W. 66th St., on a report of a juvenile who had been trespassed but had returned. Juveniles were located and issued citations for tobacco and trespass violation.
- While doing extra patrol per citizens' complaints of students misbehaving, a student was found smoking tobacco and in possession of drug paraphernalia.
- While serving a search warrant for another case, officers discovered a felon in possession of a firearm. The individual admitted to owning the firearm and was placed under arrest to transported to jail.
- Officers responded to a theft on the 6500 block of Penn Avenue. The suspect left in a silver vehicle and fled the scene prior to police arrival.
- On routine patrol, an officer obsered two males walking away from a vehicle. Officer ran vehicle registration and it came back stolen. Suspect was located and arrested.
- Victim reported her license plate had been removed while her vehicle was parked in the northwest daycare lot at Best Buy corporate.
- A 7-year-old reported to her mother that her stepmother had been abusing her while on visitations with her and her father.
- A catalytic converter was reportedly taken from his car when he was out of town for five days. A Kenwood stereo was also taken.