A 22-year-old Richfield man was arrested after losing control of his vehicle and near 65th Street and Lyndale Avenue just after 2 a.m. Feb. 21.
According to the Richfield Public Safety Department's Facebook page, the vehicle was traveling at a high rate of speed, the driver lost control of the car and then crashed into a tree. The vehicle's two occupants sustained minor injuries. The 22-year-old driver appeared to be under the influence of alcohol, according to police.
In addition to the crash, the following were released Feb. 25, 2013 by the Richfield Public Safety Department, detailing incidents from Feb. 21-23.
- Police received a report from Hennepin County Child Protection indicating that an individual currently in treatment for a sexual offense at the Leo Hoffman in St. Peter admitted that he had sexually assaulted a 13-year-old in Summer 2011 in Richfield. Police are not conducting an investigation.
- Two adult males were taking into custody for shoplifting from Richfield Liquors, 6444 Lyndale Ave. S. Both had prior theft offenses and one had an outstanding warrant in Hennepin County.
- A 46-year-old Richfield woman was arrested for felony check forgery.
- A student at a building on 7400 block of Penn Avenue was cited for disorderly conduct after damaging school property in a fit.
- Officers took a fraud report where the victim's credit card had been used over an extended period of time to make purchases totaling more than $8,000.
- A Best Buy Corporate employee was found to be making fraudulent transactions and admitted the thefts to Loss Prevention.
- A vehicle was a stopped for driving after revocation and the driver was found to be in possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
- Police responded to a theft at CVS Pharmacy. The suspect was located, issued a citation and trespassed from the property.
- After making a stop on a suspicious vehicle, a juvenile was cited for driving without a license, and marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession.
- A 48-year-old Minneapolis man was arrested for third-degree DUI.
- Police responded to a domestic on the 6500 block of Emerson Avenue. A female was reportedly assaulted by an ex-boyfriend regarding the shared custody of their child. The suspect was gone when police arrived.
- A victim reported that her purse was stolen on the 7500 block of Oliver Avenue. The estimated loss is $600.
- A 38-year-old Bloomington man was arrested for fourth-degree DUI.