All the following information was taken from the Richfield Public Safety Department's recent crime alert and its crime and arrest reports from March 22, 2012, detailing incidents from March 18-21.
The sent out a crime alert Wednesday reminding residents to lock their car doors after an increase in thefts from vehicles.
The alert said the incidents were mainly occurring in the area of 66th to 70th streets between Humboldt and Xerxes avenues. The alert also reminded residents to not leave valuables in their vehicles.
Other recent incidents included:
- A 20-year-old Edina man was charged with obstruction with legal force after Police repsonded to a report of a group being loud in the street near 74th Street and Xerxes Avenue.
- A resident reported that an unknown party had shot a BB through a window on the front side of the house.
- A resident reported that an unknown person used a credit card for fraudlent purchases in New York State.
- An 18-year-old Richfield man was charged with marijuana possession.
- Police to a report of harrassment and adviced the victim to seek a restraining order.
- Vehicle parts were reported stolen from Ace Rent A Car.
- A woman reported that her boyfriend had damaged her vehicle.
- A Nook was reported stolen.
- A Ryan Construction employee reported that an unknown person entered a locked mechanical room and attempted to tamper with a lock box on the 1700 block of 66th Street East. No keys were removed from the box.
- Payless Shoes reported a theft of multiple items.
- Two juveniles were cited for disorderly conduct after police responded to a report that a large group of juvenules were preparing to fight near .
- A man reported that $3,400 in tools were taken from the bed of his truck while staying at a residence on the 300 block of 77th Street East.
- Police responded to a report of a suspicious person in the stairwell of a complex on the 7600 block of Penn Avenue.
- A burglary was reported on the 200 block of 66th Street West.
- Police responded to a report of two males loading railroad tracks into a truck near 76th Street and Pleasant Avenue.
- Tools valued at $8,000 were reported stolen on the 7700 block of Portland Avenue.