.

UPDATE: Unattended Stovetop Causes Richfield Kitchen Fire Monday

Firefighters arrived on site in less than four minutes.

Richfield firefighters responded to a kitchen fire at 11:13 a.m. Monday on the 6700 block of Elliott Avenue.

According to Richfield Fire Chief Wayne Kewitsch, fire crews arrived in less than four minutes and discovered a fire on the stovetop in the kitchen of the home. The fire was extinguished and the home was ventilated.

The cause of the fire was unattended cooking, which is the leading cause of residential fires in Minnesota, according to Kewitsch. Fortunately, the fire was contained to the stove and the equipment mounted above. There was extensive smoke damage to the kitchen, Kewitsch said. There were no injuries reported.

Richfield Patch will update readers if more information becomes available.

Follow Richfield Patch on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Sign up for our daily newsletter

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something