The following information was taken from the 's Incident and Arrest reports from Aug. 20, 2012, detailing incidents from Aug. 15 through Aug. 18.
- A man reported that the side window to his vehicle was broken out while he was parked in a parking lot in the 6300 block of Lyndale Avenue. Nothing was reported missing from the vehicle.
- A woman reported the theft of her car, worth approximately $12,000. A laptop valued at $1,100 and clothing valued at $1,000 were inside the vehicle at the time.
- Two shotguns valued at more than $1,000 were reported stolen by a man on the 6300 block of Aldrich Avenue. The victim reported that an unknown person entered his garage through the service door.
- In a separate incident on the 6300 block of Aldrich Avenue a man reported that his garage had been burglarized overnight. More than $400 worth of property was taken from a vehicle stored inside the garage, with an additional $1,600 worth of damage done to the inside of the vehicle itself.
- Officers responded to a call on the 6300 block of Grand Avenue, where a Garmin GPS unit valued at $125 was reported stolen from a vehicle.
- After witnessing a traffic accident at the intersection of Interstate 494 and Portland Avenue, an officer arrested a driver for DUI.
- At the Super America on the 2900 block of 66th Street, gas worth $63.17 was reported stolen as the result of a drive-off.
- Officers responded to a call from the South Education Center Alternative (SECA) reporting the theft of a laptop valued at $1,000.
- A man came into the Richfield Public Safety Department to report the theft of his debit card, which was used to make over $400 in fraudulent transactions.
- A purse with $60 in cash reported stolen at the Rainbow foods on the 100 block of 66th Street W.
- Officers took a report of a gas drive-off at Super America on 7500 Lyndale Avenue. The gas stolen was worth $59.88.
- An employee of a store near the intersection of Nicollet Avenue and 66th Street reported that a man had attempted to pass three counterfeit bills.
- A man was arrested for DWI at the intersection of Queen Avenue and 69th Street.
- A resident reported that three males stole the victim’s cell phone after asking to borrow it. The phone was valued at approximately $100.
- Officers responded to a report of domestic assault on the 7300 block of Penn Avenue. One arrest was made.
- Theft of a cell phone from a vehicle was reported on the 7500 block of Lyndale Avenue.
- Police made an arrest stemming from violation of an order of protection after pulling over a driver for a minor equipment violation at the intersection of 63rd Street and Bloomington Avenue.
- A resident at the 7100 block of Chicago Avenue reported that a “peeping tom” had been looking through her bedroom window while she was sleeping.
- A victim reported a case of nonconsensual touching on the 7700 block of Portland Avenue.
- An officer took a report of the violation of a protection order on the 6200 block of Pleasant Avenue.
- A woman reported that a man had gone into her unlocked car and taken $8 in change while she was parked on the 6600 block of Penn Avenue.
- A wallet with $700 in cash was reported stolen from a vehicle parked on the 7700 block of Portland Avenue.
- Police arrested a man on the 7500 block of Cedar Avenue after responding to reports of a domestic disturbance.
- Two individuals were stopped at the intersection of 12th Avenue and 68th Street and found to be intoxicated. One male was arrested for obstruction with force and the other individual was given a citation.
- While police officers were making a routine traffic stop near the intersection of 62nd Street and Bloomington Avenue, another party approached the officers and interfered with the stop. The interfering party was cited for disorderly conduct.
- After responding to a report of a suspicious vehicle parked in a resident’s driveway in the 6900 block of Washburn Avenue, officers issued a citation for underage drinking.
- Officers took a report after responding to threats made by an individual on the 7000 block of Chicago Avenue that the suspect was going to run over the victim with his car.
- Officers took a report at the Richfield Public Safety Department regarding theft of a wallet valued at $20.
- Officers responded to a report of a suspicious person on the 6900 block of Upton Avenue. An individual was arrested for possession of a firearm without a permit.
- Shoplifting of items worth approximately $400 was reported from a store on the 1100 block of 78th Street. Officers responded and took a report.
- After responding to a domestic disturbance on the 6300 block of Dupont Avenue, officers later arrested a male at the address.