All the following information was taken from the Richfield Public Safety Department's crime reports from Feb. 4, 2013, detailing incidents on Jan. 31 and Feb. 1-3.
- A 45-year-old Crystal, MN man was arrested for cocaine possession.
- A 6-year-old Richfield S.T.E.M. School male student arrived at school with a burn on his face. The boy originally told the school nurse he was burned by a hot french frie and then later told the nurse he may have been burned with a cigarette.
- An elderly gentleman have a cashier a counterfeit $10 at a business on the 6600 block of Lyndale Avenue. It appears that the man was not knowingly involved in any type of criminal activity.
- Famous Footwear reported a shoplifting of $90 in shoes. One suspect reportedly distracted an employee while two other parties stole the items.
- The owner of Food Mart, 7701 Portland Ave. S., reported three check forgeries.
- Three females reportedly entered CVS, 6540 Penn Ave. S., and began randomly taking items from the shelves. At least six large bottles of baby formula were among the items taken. The suspects left in a vehicle going east on 66th Street. The total loss is uknown.
- A 59-year-old Richfield man was arrested for fourth-degree DUI.
- A 53-year-old Minneapolis man was arrested for third degree DUI, driving without insurance, driving after license revocation and in violation of an instructional permit.
- A 40-year-old Richfield man was arrested for three-degree DUI.
- A money order in the amount of $1,462 was reported stolen over the Internet.
- Super America, 7500 Lyndale Ave. S., reported a gas theft of $50.
- A resident reported that someone had attempted to use a fraudulent check with her name on it. The suspect was not known and there was no loss.
- Richfield officers responded to a attempted carjacking on the 900 block of 77th Street East. The vehicle was not stolen, however, it was damaged. The suspects were not located.
- While on extra patrol, police cited a party for possession of a small amount of marijuana.
- A 24-year-old Richfield man was arrested for marijuana possession after police found him in addition to another suspect with a warrant.
- Police responded to a theft from a vehicle report and one male was apprehended. A controlled substance was also found.
- A reporting party stated that his brother stole a $500 by check from his mother.
- A 44-year-old Richfield man was arrested for fourth-degree DUI.
- Police responded to a burglary on the 6800 block of Oliver Avenue. The total loss is unknown.
- A vehicle parked in the Richfield High School was reportedly damaged. Amount of damage is estimated at $800.
- A victim reported receiving harassing phone calls and text messages. The suspect was advised to stop calling the victim.
- Police responded to a disturbance on the 6300 block of Lyndale Avenue. A male party was taken to HCMC due to his level of intoxication and cited for disorderly conduct.
- A 20-year-old Eagan woman was arrested for fourth-degree DWI.
- A 33-year-old Richfield man was arrested for second-degree DWI.