With just a few hours left to make goal, strangers and friends contributed what they could to raise a total of $5,000 for Deb Nelson and her daughters, Tali and Mikayla Walton.
The Nelson/Walton family was devastaed by a Sept. 2 house fire that killed two dogs, left the home in ruins and damaged neighboring residences.
A relief fund was created by local Spencer Erickson in the immediate days following the incident with a $5,000 goal. The time-frame to raise to meet the goal was one month.
Seventy-five donors contributed to the fund, hitting the goal Thursday morning with roughly 17 hours left. .
If you are still interested in giving to the fund, go to
Richfield Patch will continue to update readers on how the family is doing as they attempt to rebuild.
Other related articles:
- UPDATED: Home Catches Fire on Logan Avenue
- UPDATE: Dog Rescued From Sunday House Fire Dies
- Local Creates Relief Fund For Family Devastated By Sunday Fire
- Soccer Moms Hope to Help Recent Fire Victims
- UPDATE: Cause of Logan Avenue House Fire Can't Be Determined
- Fire Victims Thank Community For Its Support: Letter to the Editor
- Relief Fund For Family Devasted By Fire Nears $3K In Donations