My daughters and I have been overwhelmed with the support and encouragement we’ve received since our home was destroyed by fire on September 2.
We’ve lived in our Richfield home for 20 years and would never consider living anywhere else, especially after this disaster when our neighbors, some of whom were strangers or mere acquaintances before, reached out immediately to console us and offer support. We are so lucky to live where we do.
We’d like to specifically thank the Richfield Fire Department as well as the other fire departments from Bloomington, Eden Prairie, Edina, St. Louis Park Minneapolis and the Hennepin County EMS, who responded so quickly and tried desperately to save our home and dear pets. We’d also like to thank Spencer Erickson, Craig & Laura Baumeister, Nikki and Randy Coleman, Nick Hartzler, James Tabery and Suzy Coffman for their on-site and fundraising help and Evans Cleaners and Ungerman Construction for their care in trying to save photos and keepsakes. The list continues to grow of people we must thank—I’m sorry we can’t mention each of you by name.
We are forever grateful to everyone who has taken the time to call, stop by, make a donation or voice their condolences about the loss of our pets and our home. We appreciate all of you and can’t ever thank you enough. We look forward to rebuilding our home and getting back to the neighborhood we enjoy so much.
Deb Nelson and Tali & Mikayla Walton
All Letters to the Editor can be submitted to Caitlin Burgess via email at email@example.com.
- UPDATED: Home Catches Fire on Logan Avenue
- UPDATE: Dog Rescued From Sunday House Fire Dies
- Local Creates Relief Fund For Family Devastated By Sunday Fire
- Soccer Moms Hope to Help Recent Fire Victims
- UPDATE: Cause of Logan Avenue House Fire Can't Be Determined