.

Follow-Up: Fire Department Suspects Improper Disposal of Smoking Materials Caused Recent Fire

A home on Blaisdell Avenue caught fire in the early evening on July 9.

The suspects that improper disposal of smoking materials contributed to or caused the

The fire started on the second floor of the home. The elderly couple didn't know the home was on fire. until three neighbors—David Schrick and his sons, Brad Schrick and Sam Schrick—came knocking on the door. .

Following the incident, Fire Chief Wayne Kewitsch said the firefighters were able to quell the flames in about 10 minutes, however, much of the home was severly damaged by fire, smoke and water.

The Schricks, who are all City of Richfield employees, will be honored at an upcoming Richfield City Council meeting for their actions. Richfield Patch will updated readers on when the event will take place.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »