All the following information was taken from the Richfield Public Safety Department's crime reports from Dec. 3, 2012, detailing incidents from Nov. 29-30 and Dec. 1.
- A 24-year-old Des Moines, IA man was arrested for carrying a weapon without a permit.
- A gas station on the 7700 block of Portland Avenue reported a gas theft totaling $82.
- Six vehicles in the underground parking garage of 6615 Lake Shore Dr. senior living complex were reportedly robbed. Among the items taken were garage door openers, loose change and sunglasses. In one case, nothing was reported missing. All the vehicles were unlocked.
- A female stole a blanket from a business on the 6500 block of Penn Avenue. She later paid for the blanket, which was valued at $40.
- Police responded to a domestic in progress on the 900 block of 77th Street East. One suspect was arrested without incident.
- Police responded to a restraining order violation. The suspect was located and arrested.
- A large amount of cash and jewelry were reported stolen during a burglary on the 7300 block of Blaisdell Avenue.
- Two pairs of sunglasses were reported stolen from a vehicle that was parked on the 6600 block of Pleasant Avenue. The two items were valued at $515. Two other incidents were reported on the same block. One victim detailed the suspect as a light-skinned black male around 220 pounds.
- Police responded to a robbery at TCF Bank. Unit cash was stolen.
- A 22-year-old Brooklyn Park man was arrested for giving a false name to an officer.
- Officers responded to a domestic assault in progress. The female victim was punched multiple times in the face. The 36-year-old suspect was arrested at the scene.
- Police responded to a no contact order violation on the 6300 block of 3rd Avenue.
- Police responded to a report of damage to a vehicle on the 7500 block of Cedar Avenue.
- A 26-year-old Apple Valley man was arrested for third-degree DUI after refusing to submit to a sobriety test.