Jobi died from multiple gun shot wounds early on Sept. 22. Jobi and Nelson were fighting over Nelson's girlfriend when witnesses reported hearing gunshots, according to the complaint and a Dakota County Attorney's Office news release. Nelson later fled with the gun.
Rosemount police arrested Nelson on Sept. 24 as he tried to leave the townhome complex where his girlfriend, Ashley Marie Conrade, lived.
Nelson will make his first court appearance on the charges from the indictment on Friday. Nelson has not posted bail and remains in custody at the Dakota County Jail.
Ashley Marie Conrade, 24, of Rosemount, was charged with aiding an offender for hiding and assisting Nelson so that the police would not arrest him. She is in custody at the Ramsey County Correctional Facility.
Anarae Kristine Schunk, a University of Minnesota student who worked at Don Pablos in Richfield, was last seen in surveillance video with Nelson at Nina's Grill in Burnsville, where Jobi was killed. Her body was found in Lonsdale on Sept. 30.
The investigation surrounding Schunk's death is ongoing, according to the Dakota County Attorney's Office news release. No other information about the investigation is currently available to the public.
The Burnsville, Apple Valley, Rosemount, and Lakeville Police Departments assisted in the murder investigation, as did the Dakota County Sheriff's Office and the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension.
Related at Richfield Patch:
- Suspect in Schunk Case Had History of Violent Crime
- Body Found in Lonsdale is Anarae Schunk
- Anarae Schunk's Family Provides Dental Records After Body Discovered in Lonsdale
- Search Area for Anarae Schunk Narrows to Portion of Apple Valley
- With Word of Bloody Jacket, Searchers Seek Anarae Schunk's Body
- Anarae Schunk Is Dead 'Without a Shadow of a Doubt'
- Friends Fire Up Facebook to Find Missing Woman
- Two Charged in Burnsville Homicide
- Burnsville Police: Investigators Continue Search for Missing Woman
- $5K Reward Offered in Case of Missing Student
- Police Searching For Vehicle Used to Flee Homicide Scene
- Police Search for Missing Woman Last Seen with Homicide Suspect