Here at Richfield Patch we try and cover it all. While sometimes this isn't always possible or some things can't be worked into a larger story in a timely manner, we want to make sure we pass along as much information we can. Richfield News Sprouts is an attempt to do just that.
Here you will find news tidbits from all areas of the community. Let's get started:
- The Richfield High School competed April 1 at Williams Arena on the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities campus. Richfield Patch was there and will bring more details on the event soon.
- As of April 1, all Hennepin County Library locations switched to a "612" area code. For more details, click .
- reported an increase in sales over many months and is looking to revamp and expand. It presented a proposal to the Richfield City Council in late March 2011 about its interest in a city owned piece of land on West 77th Street next to . Ideally, they would like to build two-tenant building with an electric car show room and service center, with charging stations outside, in addition to having a coffee shop or deli of sorts in the second space. Richfield Patch is looking for more details on the proposed project and will feature a full story soon.
- The deadline to register for the city's and leagues is April 8.
- The Richfield Arts Commission hosted its second Movie Night at the Richfield Community Center on April 1.
- Richfield Community Garden registration is April 2 at . For more details, click .
- is hosting a food drive to benefit local food shelves. For more details, click .
- The and Departments are hosting a safety day on June 15 at the and registration has begun for the event. Fore more details, click .
Stay tuned for more Richfield News Sprouts in the coming weeks.