1) The met for a special closed session at 6:30 a.m. Wednesday morning to hold negotiations, likely for teachers salaries. Unfortunately, what happens behind closed doors will likely not be released to the public, according to school officials.
2) The Jr. Commodores, the crew of the S.S. Yum, sailed in the Minneapolis Aquatennial Milk Carton Boat Races July 17. Students researched, designed and test different boat prototypes before choosing its model and building it out of 284 milk cartons. They won their first heat and then won the final Lieutenant's Race, which was for kids under 12 years old.
3) The City of Richfield just announced on its website that as of Aug. 1, the Nicollet Avenue bridge will be closed for six weeks for rehabilitation. Stay tuned for more information.
4) The declined to pass an ordinance requiring residents to conceal their . Stay tuned for the full story on how the council's once unanimous decision to pass the bill, resulted in many changing their minds.
5) Richfield couple Jason and Shelly Dailey were recently featured in a Courier-Journal.com article about the rise of elaborate marriage proposals. Jason Dailey spent months forming the perfect marriage proposal and gave his now wife a painting of the very spot where they were standing—Buckingham Fountain in Chicago—when he proposed. The painting depicted a couple wearing the same clothes as they were wearing that day and the man on a bended knee. For the full story, click here.