The new Richfield Menards superstore opened its doors to the public bright and early Tuesday morning.
The new two-story home improvement store replaced the former one-story store, as well as the former Jun Bo Chinese Restaurant. The property is roughly 10 acres in size.
When the opening day was announced late last week, Patch readers expressed their excitement on the site:
AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!! I have been waiting for my new Menards to open for what seems like years! And a day after my birthday, too. Good belated present!!
Barry LeBlanc wrote:
THank you Mr Menards! It has been a long haul to Bloomington for the needs you have supplied! Thank YOU! Welcome back,
While the store is officially open, the company is planning a series of celebration events, which include celebrity appearances, demos and prize giveaways. The company's media spokesperson, Jeff Abbott, told Patch details on dates and times of such events would be released early next week.
Richfield Patch will update readers as more information on grand opening events becomes available. Store hours are 6:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sundays.
- Menards on Schedule to Open by Spring 2013
- Burger King Shutters Doors
- Menards Triumphs in ‘Battle’ With Burger King
- Burger King Sues City for Menards Decision
- Menards Hopes for Conditional Permit Approval to Continue Expansion Plans
- What's Jun Bo Got to Do With It?
- Richfield City Officials Express Concerns About Menards Redevelopment Plans