Despite its outward appearance, the new Richfield Menards is still a little ways from opening.
According to Menards spokesperson Jeff Abbott, there is not an official opening date set for the store. All he could say was the company's plans to open sometime this winter or early spring were still in place.
Despite attempts by the owners of the neighboring Burger King to stall the project, Menards got the final green light to redevelop its average, outdated store into a sprawling, two-story superstore in December 2011. At the start of the new year, the company began clearing the inventory and temporarily reassigning employees. Then came the demolition of both the Menards and former Jun Bo Chinese Restaurant buildings, clearing the debris and the rebuild.
Currently, it appears that much of the internal work is being done on the building. Richfield Patch will update readers if more information becomes available.
- Burger King Shutters Doors
- Menards Triumphs in ‘Battle’ With Burger King
- Burger King Sues City for Menards Decision
- Menards Hopes for Conditional Permit Approval to Continue Expansion Plans
- What's Jun Bo Got to Do With It?
- Richfield City Officials Express Concerns About Menards Redevelopment Plans