Richfield Patch covered a lot of different stories, topics and events throughout 2012, but there were a few that stood out as the most interesting, important or possibly infamous to our readers. The following is the No. 3 story of the year.
After being involved in a lawsuit with the city and a dispute with Menards, the Burger King owned by Dolphin Fast Food Inc. on 78th Street East closed its doors late in the summer.
While Dolphin Fast Food Inc. didn't return Richfield Patch's calls, its decision to close the restaurant was likely the result of the Menards revamp, which will be a two-story superstore when finished.
Thousands tuned in to Patch as the story developed, making this story our No. 3 Story of the Year.
See all other articles on the topic:
- Richfield City Officials Express Concerns About Menards Redevelopment Plans
- Menards Triumphs in ‘Battle’ With Burger King
- What's Jun Bo Got to Do With It?
- Burger King Sues City for Menards Decision
- Burger King Shutters Doors
- Menards on Schedule to Open By Spring 2013