Richfield resident and musician, Alison Scott, and her band will set sail for New York Mills, MN this weekend as they kick-off a mini-Minnesota arts tour Saturday.
Earlier in the year, Scott was awarded a grant from the Minnesota State Arts Board that will allow her and her band to bring their music to “underserved” communities.
“There are a lot of theaters in greater Minnesota that don’t get good acts coming through town very often—a lot of times because the theater can’t afford it,” Scott explained to Richfield Patch in January. “With the grant, the theaters will be able to just pay a portion of the fee and the grant money will make up the difference.”
Following the New York Mill performance, six others are planned:
- Sept. 28: The College of St. Scholasticaʼs Mitchell Auditorium in Duluth;
- Oct. 2 and Oct. 10: Minnesota State University-Mankato;
- Oct. 5: The Paramount Theater in Austin;
- Jan. 26, 2013: Centennial Auditorium in Staples;
- Feb. 15, 2013: Sacred Heart Music Center in Duluth;
- March 7, 2013: St. Maryʼs University Page Theater in Winona.
All showtimes are at 7:30 p.m. except for the Duluth performance in February, which hasn't been set yet. For more information on Alison Scott and her band or the performances, visit her website at alisonscott.com.
Other related articles:
- Alison Scott: ‘We Call it Soul Music’—With a Twist
- Alison Scott: Live at the Dakota
- Alison Scott to Release 'Hiding Under the Covers Vol. 2'