'Unfounded' Shooting, Drunken Disturbances & Carjacking: Police Blotter
The Richfield Public Safety Department releases its most recent crime reports.
All the following information was taken from the Richfield Public Safety Department's crime reports from Jan. 31, 2013, detailing incidents from Jan. 28-30.
- Police responded to a disturbance on the 7600 block of Cedar Avenue. Upon arrival an underage, intoxicated female was located with self-inflicted cuts. She was cited for underage consumption and taken to Southdale Hospital on a hold.
- Two suspects reportedly entered the parking lot of a business on the 7700 block of 4th Avenue and removed various items from work vans. The estimated loss is $6,000.
- A mother reported that her two juvenile daughters may have been sexually assaulted by the father.
- Police responded to a disturbance on the 6900 block of 16th Avenue. Upon arrival and underage, intoxicated male was located. He was taken to HCMC.
- Police responded to an identity theft report. The victim stated a credit card in their name had been opened and charges had been made.
- Police responded to a possible shooting at or near Super America at 826 W. 66th St. It was determined that a victim used a false name and may have a mental disorder. The shooting appeared to have been unfounded.
- Police responded to a report of a victim receiving threats.
- Police responded to a report of a juvenile out of control on the 70 block of 77th Street West. The parties were separated for the evening.
- A homeowner reported that at some point during the week his garage was burglarized, resulting in a loss of $4,395.
- Graffiti was found on an electrical box and several walls near the intersection of Pleasant Avenue and 77th Street West.
- Police responded to a burglary on the 7200 block of Newton Avenue. A window was broken and entry to the residence was gained. Unknown items were taken.
- Officers received a report of suspected abuse of a woman's daughter by the woman's nephew.
- A 24-year-old Maple Grove man was arrested for promoting prostitution and driving after license cancellation after police responded to a report of a suspicious male parked near the intersection of 15th Avenue and 63rd Street East.
- Police took a report of identity theft in which an unknown person opend a wireless account in the victims name in 2011.
- Police responded to a report of a carjacking on the 600 block of 66th Street East. Two adults, a 25-year-old Elk River, MN man and a 24-year-old Minneapolis woman, were lated arrested for theft of a motor vehicle.