Thieves Make Their Way Through Town Burglarizing Homes, Garages: Lost Police Blotter
More incidents from the "lost report."
The following information was taken from the Richfield Public Safety Department's reports from Sept. 21, 2012. The following details incidents from Sept. 16 through Sept. 18. The reports used in this article also included missing reports from earlier in the week, which have been published in a separate article.
- A pearl necklace was reported stolen from a vehicle parked on the 1100 block of Woodlake Lane.
- Two adult males were taken into custody for possession of stolen property in excess of $3,000.
- A bolt cutter and car key were reported stolen in a burglary on the 7200 block of Bryant Avenue.
- A Play Station 3 was reported stolen from a vehicle on the 7000 block of Garfield Avenue.
- Seven tires were slashed on three different vehicles parked on the 7000 block of Xerxes Avenue.
- A car manual was reported stolen after a garage was burglarized on the 7100 block of Lyndale Avenue.
- Two bikes were reported stolen from a garage on the 7600 Bryant Avenue.
- A bicycle was reported stolen from a garage on the 7000 block of Garfield Avenue and later recovered. Two suspects were arrested in possible connection with the incident.
- An unknown person forced entry into a service door of a garage on the 7500 block of Nicollet Avenue, ransacked it and the two cars inside, however, nothing was reported missing.
- A TV and a bottle of liquor was reported stolen from a garage on the 6900 block of Pillsbury Avenue. The TV was later recovered.
- An unknown person ransacked a vehicle and entered a garage on the 300 block of 70th Street West. Three-dollars in change was reportedly taken.
- Five other burglaries were reported in various locations throughout the city this day, two on Stevens Avenue, one on the 6700 block of Pillsbury, on on the 7000 block of Augsburg Avenue and one on the 7000 block of Garfield.
- A bicycle was reported stole from the backyard of a home on the 6400 block of Bloomington Avenue.
- Two males were cited for disorderly conduct for fighting in the parking lot of El Tejaban.
- Police responded to a report of a possibly intoxicated male leaving the 1400 block of 66th Street East and hitting three vehicles in the process.
- SIU Police conducted a prostitution investigation on the 7700 block of Penn Avenue. A male party was arrested and female was cited. Narcotics were also found.
- A victim reported that a credit card had been opened and used without permission.
- A flat-screen TV, a Play Station 3 and a Blue Ray DVD player were reported stolen after unknown suspects burglarized a home on the 7200 block of Harriet Avenue.
- An unknown person broke out a window of a Tahoe parked on the 600 block of 78th Street East. A stereo valued at $400 was taken.
- Police responded to a report of a suspicious person on the 6700 block of 3rd Avenue. The suspect was later arrested for possession of a firearm by a prohibited person.
- Police responded to a report of threats by text messages and phone calls on the 1000 block of 77th Street East.
- The window of a vehicle parked on the 7500 block of 16th Avenue.
- A burglary was reported on the 6800 block of Pleasant Avenue. Items valued at $4,000 were taken.
- An unknown suspect attempted to gain access to a garage on the 7300 block of Aldrich Avenue though a service door. There were two pry marks on the outside and someone had bent the door and damaged part of the interior frame. Entry was not gained and nothing was noted missing at the time.
- Police responded to a report of an apartment break-in involving a dispute on the 6400 block of Pleasant Avenue.
- A pair of diamond earrings were reported stolen during a burglary on the 7700 block of Penn Avenue.
- After a 911 hang-up call, police responded to a residence on the 400 block of 73rd Street East and found a male party threatening two others with a nice. He was subsequently arrested and taken to jail.
- A vehicle parked on the 2400 block of 66th Street West was reported stolen.
- Police took a theft report from a business that had rented a generator to a woman, which has not yet been returned. The woman was contacted and said she would return it this week.
- One hundred pounds of copper wire and three cobra head lights valued at $180 each were reported stolen from a job site on the 7700 block of Pillsbury Avenue.
- A car parked on the 7700 block of Chicago Avenue was ransacked after a window was broken out to gain entry. A GPS, subwoofer, amp and other items were reported taken.
- A ninth-grade student was seen smoking on the street in the area of 72nd and Pleasant Avenue. He was cited for possession of tobacco by a minor.
- Unknown suspects shot out three flood lamps on the Academy of Holy Angels arena/field. Each lamp is valued at $1,000. There are no suspects.
- A male party was arrested for marijuana possession after he was stopped in his vehicle by police.