Students Caught With Pot & Suspicious Activity on Rae Drive: Police Blotter
The Richfield Public Safety Department releases its most recent crime reports.
All the following information was taken from the Richfield Public Safety Department's crime reports from Dec. 10, 2012, detailing incidents from Dec. 5-7.
- Police responded to a possible criminal sexual misconduct incident on the 1300 block of 78th Street East. The victim was a juvenile at the time of the incident.
- A female was cited for disorderly conduct and giving a false name to an officer after police responded to Walgreens on a disturbance report.
- Police responded to a protection order violation on the 7600 block of Penn Avenue. The suspect was not located.
- A victim reported that her ex-boyfriend had been texting her in violation of a protection order.
- A juvenile at Richfield High School was issued a citation for marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession.
- A female left her wallet in the bathroom at McDonalds. An employee found it with $180 missing from it.
- A students at Richfield High School was issued a citation for drug paraphernalia possession.
- A victim reported that they had been swindled out of money through fraudulent activity on a website. The victim applied for a loan and was required to deposit money to guarantee the payment. The money was withdrawn, no loan received.
- A $13 phone charger was reported stolen from a business on the 800 block of 66th Street West.
- A male physically assaulted his girlfriend and damaged several items on the 7500 block of Oliver Avenue. The damage to the items was $250.
- Multiple items totaling $290 were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle parked on the 900 block of Rae Drive.
- A 22-year-old Minneapolis man was arrested for assault after police responded to a fight in progress on the 7600 block of Cedar Avenue.
- A female was cited for underage liquor consumption after police responded to a disturbance at Motel 6.
- Police responded to the 1000 block of Rae Drive on a report of suspicious persons in the area at 6:50 a.m. and 8:03 a.m. A male fled the scene and was later arrested. Another was stopped in a vehicle that was leaving the scene and also arrested.
- Electronic items worth $1,000 were reported stolen from a vehicle parked on the 600 block of 78th Street East.
- Police responded to a protection order violation on the 900 block of 77th Street East. The male suspect was issued a citation for trespassing and served with the order of protection.
- A verbal domestic assault was reported. The male party left the residence and the female wanted a report for her attorney.
- A cell phone was stolen while it was charging at a location on the 6300 Penn Avenue.
- An EBT card was reported stolen, however, police discovered the story was made up for the victim to obtain funds.
- A camera valued at $700 was reported stolen from Best Buy.
- A Minneapolis man was arrested for violating a protection order after being stopped for minor traffic violations. Other charges include failing to signal a turn, having reflective, tinted or glazed windows, driving without a insurance, and marijuana possession.