Stolen Meat, Heroin & Juveniles Fleeing Police: Police Blotter
The Richfield Public Safety Department releases its most recent crime reports.
All the following information was taken from the Richfield Public Safety Department's Incident and Arrest reports from Aug. 16, 2012, detailing incidents from Aug. 12 through Aug. 14.
- A 22-year-old Sioux Falls, SD woman was arrested for third-degree DWI.
- A Garmin GPS was stolen from a vehicle parked on the 7500 block of Penn Avenue. A window was broken out to gain access.
- Police responded to a report of a car break-in that had just occurred on the 7600 block of Chicago Avenue. A 39-year-old Shakopee man was cited for criminal damage to property. Nothing was taken from the vehicle.
- A stereo and CDs were reported stolen from a vehicle pared on the 7600 block of Knox Avenue. Total value for the items and damage to the vehicle is $300.
- Police responded to a domestic and damage to property report on the 6700 block of Grand Avenue. There were no injuries and the suspect was later located by Bloomington Police and arrested fro DWI.
- A homeowner reported that he woke up to find a walled and cellphone on his front step along with minor damage to his alarm system sign.
- A victim reported that $200 in cash and credit cards were stolen. One of the cards was used for a $70 purchase.
- Super America, 2913 W. 66th St., reported a gas theft in the amount of $52.03.
- An 18-year-old Bloomington man was arrested during a traffic stop for giving a false name to an officer.
- A vehicle parked on the 6400 block of Oliver Avenue was reportedly damaged over the weekend; it had minor scratches and a dent. The damage is $300. There are no suspects.
- A 27-year-old Richfield man was arrested for financial fraud.
- A woman reported being assaulted at Motel 6. She was treated for minor injuries. The suspect has not been located.
- A victim came in to the Richfield Public Safety Department and reported being swindled out of $1,200 in a sweepstakes hoax.
- Super America, 2913 W. 66th St., reported another gas theft. This time the amount was $51.51.
- An adult male reported being swindled out of $2,200 in cash in a Craigslist transaction.
- Police responded to a domestic between a mother and her juvenile daughter. The daughter was later transported to Hennepin County Juvenile Detention.
- Several juveniles were cited for fleeing a police officer in a motor vehicle and curfew violations.
- Pump-N-Munch, 6300 Lyndale Ave., reported a gas theft in the amount of $45.15.
- Police responded to a report of two parties using narcotics at Christian Park. A male and female were arrested for heroin possession.
- Super America, 7500 Lyndale Ave. S., reported a gas theft in the amount of $40.22.
- A bicycle was reported stolen from a backyard on the 7400 block of 17th Avenue.
- A burglary on the 6400 block of Washburn Avenue was reported. No items, however, were reported missing at the time.
- Police responded to a report of one male threatening another male with a gun. The suspect reportedly drove away following the incident and has not been located. The incident occurred on the 6300 block of Lyndale Avenue.
- Rainbow Foods reported $127 in meat stolen. The suspect was taken to jail on outstanding warrants and charges for the theft will be by formal complaint.
- A 38-year-old Richfield man was arrested for assault.