The Richfield Arts Commission announced student winners of the Richfield Teen Art Contest Monday night at Augsburg Park Library. A total of 89 entries were submitted. Students from Richfield Middle School, Richfield High School, Academy of Holy Angels and Blessed Trinity Catholic School were all invited to submit work.
Grades 6-8 Winners
- Jordan Bartlett, first place;
- Michael Joyner, second place;
- Serra Hodgeman, third place.
Grades 6-8 Honorable Mentions
- Anna Berger;
- Hannah Mertz;
- Annika Duryea.
Grades 9-12 Winners
- Hannah Shea, first place;
- Cesar Sosa, second place;
- Derek Mattson
Grades 9-12 Honorable Mentions
- Hannah Springer;
- Bethany Schreiner;
- Hannah Brown.
- Joe Fischer, first place;
- Spencer Bainbridge, second place;
- Sophie Wordehoff, third place.
The Richfield Optimists Club, which also sponsors the event, gave out it's own awards:
- Caroline Paulson, mixed media;
- Courtney Moynihan, drawing;
- Spencer Bainbridge, ceramics;
- Sarah Hollenback, photography;
- Cesar Sosa, pen and ink.
The students' art will be on display at the library through the end of 2011. Winners and honorable mentions were given gift cards to an art supply store as part of their award.
Congratulations to all winners and honorable mentions.