Richfield Patch covered a lot of different stories, topics and events throughout 2012, but there were a few that stood out as the most interesting, important or possibly infamous to our readers. The following is the No. 6 story of the year.
O'Connor, 25, was reportedly wielding a knife when he was shot and killed. The Hennepin County Medical Examiner stated he died of multiple gunshot wounds.
The Hennepin County Attorney is still investigating the incident and the case will be taken to a grand jury to determine whether or not to charge the shooting officer. Three were put on temorary leave immediately after the incident and returned to duty one week later.
While a tragic story, it proved to be one of the most read Richfield Patch stories of 2012.
See all the related stories:
- Officer-Involved Shooting in Richfield; Police Investigating
- UPDATED: Richfield Officer Shoots and Kills Man in Friday Incident
- UPDATE: Authorities Release Name of Man Killed in Officer-Involved Shooting
- Police Chief Releases Statement, Names Officers Involved in Friday Shooting
- October Officer-Involved Shooting Still Under Review