Twin Cities Reaction: Who Won the Presidential Debate?
Barack Obama and Mitt Romney duked it out in Denver, CO.
Barack Obama and Mitt Romney duked it out tonight in their first presidential debate in Denver, Colorado.
Patch live-blogged the debate, which featured the candidates touching on domestic issues like health care, PBS funding, and America's energy sources.
You can watch the entire debate on YouTube Politics.
Some of the points that resonated with our live-blog panelists were split on who came out on top:
- Sam: Great point by Mitt. Millions of teachers could’ve been hired with the billions spent on bankrupt green companies that supported Obama.
- Douglas: I work for a large corp. that is in desperate need of employees in all areas of the country. It is run by a ultra-conservative ceo. my theory is that they (and hundreds of others) are holding out on filling those jobs until after the election to help Romney.
Here's a sampling of responses on Twitter:
- Kerri Miller @KerriMPR of Minnesota Public Radio
- (The debate) feels disjointed. Every time we're digging into something, they move to a new "segment." Not sure Jim L. Is running this debate.
- David Brauer @dbrauer of MinnPost
- All those advisors trying to get the President’s attention for debate prep? They’ll have an easier time now.
- Mayor R.T. Rybak @MayorRTRybak Mayor of Minneapolis
- "Gov Romney has not said no to the most extreme elements of his party" so he can't get anything done across the aisle