Man Reported For Stealing His Own Stuff: Police Blotter
The Richfield Public Safety Department releases its most recent crime reports.
All the following information was taken from the Richfield Public Safety Department's Incident and Arrest reports from Aug. 27, 2012, detailing incidents from Aug. 23 through Aug. 25.
- A bicycle was reported stolen from an apartment balcony on the 1000 block of 77th Street East. The bike is valued at $120.
- A ladder was reported stolen from a yard on the 6400 block of James Avenue. The ladder is valued at $100.
- Four tires and rims were reported stolen from a vehicle parked on the 6300 block of Dupont Avenue. There are no suspects or witnesses.
- A resident reported a burglary after an ex-boyfriend entered the home and removed his own items of property while the reporting party wasn't home. The reporting party did not want any police follow up.
- Two pairs of shoes were reported stolen from Payless Shoe Source. The value of the shoes is $35.98.
- A 39-year-old Bloomington woman was arrested for possessing a firearm with a removed serial number. She was taken into custody after police responded to a call from Metro Pawn and Gun regarding the weapon with an altered serial number.
- A resident reported an identity theft incident in which an unknown person wrote an unauthorized check for $28.03 at Sam's Club. The total loss with fees is $228.03.
- Police responded to a theft from a vehicle report on the 6400 block of 2nd Avenue. Items totalling $230 were reported missing.
- A $4,000 copper pipe was reported stolen from a vehicle at Blaylock Plumbing.
- Police responded to a shoplifting incident at Walgreens, 12 W. 66th St. An item valued at $50 was returned, however, a hair trimmer valued at $39.99 was not recovered.
- A ring valued at $225 was reported stolen.
- Officers responded to a bank robbery in progress at First National Bank of the Lakes. The suspect was gone when police arrived. See more on this incident here.
- Police responded to a report of a no contact order violation.
- Super America, 2913 W. 66th St., reported a gas theft of $71.28.
- Police responded to a shoplifting incident at Best Buy, 1000 W. 78th St. The suspect was located on the 7400 block of Lyndale Avenue and was released pending a formal complaint to the city attorney.
- Police responded to a theft of construction materials on 12th Avenue and 76th Street. The suspects were later stopped, identified and issued citations for theft. They were released at the scene.
- A lawn sign valued at $10 was reported stolen from a home on the 6900 block of Oakland Avenue.
- A 37-year-old Plymouth man was arrested for fourth-degree DUI.
- A 30-year-old Burnsville woman was arrested for assaulting a police officer. Police had responded to a disturbance. During the visit, the woman reportedly became aggressive, assaulting an officer. She was transported to Hennepin County Jail.
- Graffiti was found at Christian Park.
- An 18-year-old Bloomington man was cited for marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession.
- Officers responded to a report of threats on the 7400 block of Lyndale Avenue. The suspect was gone on arrival.