House Hit & Run, Stolen Purses & Assault: Police Blotter
The Richfield Public Safety Department releases its most recent crime reports.
All the below information was taken from the Richfield Public Safety Department's Incident and Arrest reports from Nov. 26, 2012. The following details incidents from Nov. 18-20.
- A 44-year-old Minneapolis man was arrested for domestic assault. According to records, he has had a previous assault conviction, enhancing this incident to a gross misdemeanor offense. He was taken to Hennepin County Jail.
- Officers responded to a report of damage to a vehicle and a window of a home on the 6800 block of 11th Avenue.
- An employee at Best Buy reported possible threats over the phone. The suspect was located, spoken to about the situation and has since apologized.
- A 25-year-old Richfield man was arrested for third-degree DUI after officers responded to a report of a vehicle hitting a house on the 6900 block of 16th Avenue. Hit and run charges are also pending.
- Officers responded to a possible robbery on the 90 block of 66th Street West. Two parties were located and one was cited for marijuana possession and a warrant.
- Officers responded to a report of an iPad theft on the 6900 block of 18th Avenue. The suspect is the son of the victim.
- Officers responded to a robbery of a person on the 6400 block of Nicollet Avenue. Two bank bags containing more than $1,000 cash were taken. The suspect was located and the money was recovered.
- Jewelry and coins valued at more than $7,000 were reported stolen frome a home on the 6200 block of Sheridan Avenue.
- A bicycle was reported stolen from the 1400 block of 66th Street East.
- Officers responded to a business on the 1100 block of 78th Street West after an adult male reportedly stole a pair of shoes valued at $100. The shoes were recovered, but the suspect was not located.
- Four air conditioners were damaged and stripped a valuable metals at a building on the 6500 block of Penn Avenue. The damage was approximately $48,000.
- A victim reported that her ex-boyfriend threw her to the ground and hit and kicked her. The assault was witnessed. The victim was taken to the hospital.
- After leaving his wallet at CVS, a victim reported his credit card was fraudulently used.
- A purse, two cell phone and an iPod were taken from a vehicle parked on the 6500 block of Lyndale Avenue. The vehicle was not locked.
- A victim reported that while riding the bus, her purse was stolen. The value of the purse and its contents was $65.