High School Student Throws Tantrum, Counterfeit Bills & Theft: Police Blotter
The Richfield Public Safety Department releases its most recent crime reports.
All the following information was taken from the Richfield Public Safety Department's Incident and Arrest reports from Oct. 12, 2012, detailing incidents from Oct. 7-10.
- Police made a traffic stop at Nicollet Avenue and 60th Street. The vehicle stopped and then eventually fled from the scene.
- A vehicle parked on the 7700 block of Penn Avenue was reported stolen.
- Officers responded to a possible domestic on the 7200 block of Cedar Avenue. Once police arrived they discovered the caller had reported a false crime.
- A 22-year-old Richfield woman was arrested for assault after police responded to a domestic assault report. The male victim was taken to the hospital for minor injuries.
- A wallet was reported stolen at Aldi Foods. The wallet was later found in the parking lot and returned to the owner.
- A victim posted a cellphone for sale ad on Craig's List. When a potential buyer came to look at it, he reportedly grabbed the phone and drove off. The phone was valued at $600.
- During a traffic stop, police arrested the driver on a warrant and for failing to register as a sex offender.
- A Domino's delivery driver reported that he had been given counterfeit cash to pay for a order of $29.47.
- A victim reported that a male party had sexually assaulted her.
- A Richfield High School liaison officer took a report of an 18-year-old student who had thrown desks, chairs and other items, causing damage to school property.
- A victim reported that two of his credit cards had been stolen while he was at LA Fitness.
- Police responded to a potential drug overdose near the intersection of 78th Street East and Portland Avenue. While at the location, police also located a male that was in violation of a protection order.
- A Richfield Middle School teacher reported that her iPod was stolen while at school.
- A man reported his wallet stolen while he was working inside of an apartment on the 7700 block of 12th Avenue.
- Police responded to a fight in progress on the 7400 block of Penn Avenue.
- Police responded to a report of counterfeit bills on the 7400 block of Penn Avenue.
- Police responded to El Tejaban on a report of a disturbance. The 24-year-old suspect from Bloomington was arrested and taken to jail for disorderly conduct.
- A 27-year-old Minneapolis man was cited for marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession after he stopped in his vehicle by police.