Five Things: Richfield SECA Students Take First Place in Texas Cook-Off
Five things you should know today.
1) Richfield South Education Center Alternative (SECA) students won first place in the final round of First Lady Michelle Obama’s "Recipes for Healthy Kids" national contest for their Porcupine Sliders recipe, which are lean, mini turkey burgers. Students participated in a cook-off Monday against two other teams and took the top spot. For more information on how the team reached the finals, click here.
2) The Richfield City Council is scheduled to meet for a special work session prior to its regular meeting Tuesday night to discuss city-wide garbage collection, snowplowing and more. Stay tuned for the details Wednesday.
3) Neighbohood Watch Block Captains are meeting at Richfield Middle School from 7-8 p.m. Wednesday night.
4) The Richfield Farmers Market will be hosting food demonstrations during its Aug. 5 and Aug. 6 open hours. Local youth will be leading the demonstrations and attendess have the opportunity to win goods to create the meals. Stay tuned for more on this.
5) Aug. 2, one week from today, is National Night Out or Night to Unite. Various activities will be happening around the city and metro area. Please submit information on local activities by e-mailing Caitlin.Burgess@patch.com.