Erratic Driving, Domestics & Overdosing: Police Blotter
The Richfield Public Safety Department releases its most recent crime reports.
All the following information was taken from the Richfield Public Safety Department's crime reports from Dec. 6, 2012, detailing incidents from Dec. 2-4.
- A victim reported that he had been assault with a knife by a friend. He was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
- A 25-year-old Richfield man was arrested for domestic assault. A female victim was taken to the hospital with injuries.
- Officers responded to an armed robbery near Short Stop, at the intersection of 18th Avenue and 75th Street East. The party brandished a fun, stole $220 from two victims and fled the scene. He was not located.
- Police responded to a possible domestic on the 600 block of 78th Street East. A party was located, found to be in violation of a protection order and taken to jail.
- A 46-year-old Minneapolis man was arrested for third-degree DUI after police stopped him for erratic driving. He refused to submit to a sobriety test.
- Police responded to a cell phone theft on the 7400 block of Penn Avenue. A party was subsequently arrested for a no-contact order.
- Super America reported a gas theft of $44.87.
- Officers responded to a second call on the 900 block of 77th Street East. A suspect returned (in violation of a trespass notice) and broke a window valued at $500.
- Police responded to a theft that had just occurred on the 6600 block of Nicollet Avenue. The suspect was located and arrested for possession of burglary tools and theft.
- A victim reported that her estranged boyfriend has made veiled threats to harm their children if he cannot have them.
- A manager at McDonald's reported receiving two counterfeit $20 bills. There are no suspects.
- Officers responded to a report of a drug overdose on the 7000 block of Bloomington Avenue. The male party was taken to HCMC for evaluation.
- Tools worth $200 were stolen from a home on the 6700 block of 11th Avenue.
- After being stopped for a traffic violation, a driver was cited for marijuana and paraphernalia possession, as well as possession of a switchblade.
- Afte returning from vacation, a resident reported $500 worth of items missing from his home. A roommate is suspected.
- Amoco BP reported a gas theft of $60.26.
- Police responded to report of threats at a home on the 6500 block of Nicollet Avenue.
- A 25-year-old Richfield man, who was arrested for domestic abuse on Dec. 2, was arrested again for violating a protection order. Both incidents occurred at the same address on the 50 block of 77th Street West.
- Several televisions and a laptop computer were stolen after an uknown person kicked in the door of the residence. The items were valued at $3,200.