Driving the Wrong Way, Fleeing Police & Cocaine: Police Blotter
The Richfield Public Safety Department releases its most recent crime reports.
All the following information was taken from the Richfield Public Safety Department's crime reports from Oct. 29, 2012, detailing incidents from Oct. 25-27.
- Police responded to a burglary in progress on the 7000 block of Cedar Avenue.
- A victim reported that her husband had sexually assaulted her.
- A 29-year-old woman and a 27-year-old man, both from Minneapolis, were cited for marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession in a motor vehicle after police spotted a vehicle with a cracked windshield.
- A 20-year-old Nevis, MN man was arrested for fleeing an officer in a motor vehicle and assault with a deadly weapon after police received a report of a car traveling the wrong way on a street.
- Police responded to a report of a vehicle hitting other vehicles on the 7600 block of 12th Avenue. The suspect fled in a stolen vehicle and was later arrested.
- An 18-year-old Minneapolis man was cited for shoplifting from a business on the 1100 block of 78th Street West.
- After being stopped for speeding, a driver was cited for marijuana possession and speeding.
- A 45-year-old Richfield man was arrested for fourth-degree DWI.
- A 43-year-old Richfield woman was cited for trespassing on a property on the 600 block of 77th Street East.
- A Blackberry valued at $150 was reported stolen. The phone had been left in a package on the victim's front doorstep.
- A cell phone valued at $600 was reported stolen.
- Two adults were taken into custody from cocaine possession. One of the adults was also booked on other warrants.
- A 35-year-old St. Paul woman was arrested for shoplifting from Target. When police arrived at the scene, it was discovered the suspect had taken more than $500 worth of items.