Disorderly Man Removed by Police From Polling Place Tuesday: Blotter
The Richfield Public Safety Department releases its most recent crime reports.
All the following information was taken from the Richfield Public Safety Department's Incident and Arrest reports from Nov. 8, 2012, detailing incidents from Nov. 4-7.
- A 46-year-old Minneapolis man was arrested for third-degree DUI.
- Police responded to a burglary on the 7300 block of 13th Avenue. The suspect had attempted to steal various tools, however, left without any items.
- A vehicle was reported stolen and later recovered after police were informed that the vehicle had been involved in a property damage incident.
- Another vehicle was reported stolen and later recovered.
- Police responded to a report of a theft from a vehicle. The items were later recovered.
- A Bruegger's employee reported her cell phone was stolen while at work. Another employee was suspected. The victim called her phone and believed she recognized the voice on the other end. After being contacted, the suspect denied the theft. There is no other way to track the phone.
- A juvenile was cited for theft and marijuana possession and then released to a parent.
- A cell phone valued at $200 was reported stolen from Radio Shack.
- Officers responded to a domestic on the 7100 block of 18th Avenue. The suspect was in violation of a protection order.
- Super America, 7720 Nicollet Ave. S., reported a gas theft of $44.37.
- Officers responded to CVS and took a report of a costumer using a counterfeit $20.
- Police responded to Sports Authority after a person attempted to shoplift a $100 coat. The party was arrested and taken to jail.
- A wallet and a GPS were stolen from a vehicle parked on the 6600 block of Lyndale Avenue.
- A vehicle crashed after fleeing police. The driver fled on foot, but was apprehended. He was taken to the hospital and formal complaint charges have been requested.
- A juvenile was cited for shoplifting from Dollar Tree and released to her grandmother.
- A male at Motel 6 reported that his wallet and room key were stolen by a female he had met online.
- Police responded to a neighbor disput on the 6400 block of Blaisdell Avenue. One party was cited for disorderly conduct.
- After allowing her boyfriend of six months to stay in her home while she was at work, the woman reported more than $2,200 worth of items were missing when she returned.
- Police responded to the Mount Calvary Education building, which was open as a polling place on Election Day, on a report of a disorderly male refusing to leave upon lawful demand. The 49-year-old Minneapolis man was arrested for trespassing and disorderly conduct.
- Police responded to a shoplifting incident at Sports Authority. The suspect was cited and released.
- Police responded to Richfield Healthcare on a report of an out of control male patient.
- Two adult males were cited for marijuana possession.
- Police responded to a disturbance at an apartment on the 7200 block of Cedar Avenue. The suspect was gone when police arrived.
- An unknown person opened a credit card in a victims name and made multiple charges to the account.
- Unknown persons used a marker to write graffiti throughout Wood Lake Nature Center on trash cans, paths and a tree. There were no witnesses.
- A 51-year-old Minneapolis man was arrested for violating a protection order after police made a traffic stop.